Finally here....


Hey all, well i finally got around to sorting out a blog page! only took me 3 months... ok, so I'm not that good at this whole technology thingy! well, any who, here i am, and i intend to update as often as i can, with sneak peeks of up and coming goodies and favourite finds...

18 Feb 2011

Meakin maddness

one of the images featured on the
Carousel pattern
My beloved 'covered wagon' pattern

After my first find, which  i believe was a 'carousel' tea plate at a car boot sale, i have been totally hooked on the designs of ceramicist Alfred Meakin! I have catalogued over 30 designs, each one as kitsch and pictorial as the next... 

I collect only one pattern myself though (so easy to get carried away otherwise)! my choice is 'covered wagon' (actually spelt waggon on the pieces)

Of course, this kind of imagery is becoming more popular on many modern items from the high street. Cath Kidston for example, with her 'Cowboy' design, not just for kids! or Circus, boat or  London scene (also similar to another Meakin print)
Cowboy print by Cath Kidston

No comments:

Post a Comment